Samson S. Alcantara is a renowned professor of labor law. He finished law at the Manuel L. Quezon University School of Law in 1957 and placed 3rd in the Bar Examinations of the same year.
He is engaged in active law practice since 1958 and currently a retained counsel of several teacher’s and allied workers unions. He is the National President of Social Justice Society, and the Founding Chairman and President of ABAKADA GURO Party-list, a teachers’ party-list.
Atty. Samson Alcantara has received numerous accolades because of his achievements. He is a recipient of the Outstanding Abrenian Award in 2005 and the Achiever’s Award given by the Manuel L. Quezon University in 2007. In 2009, he was named as an Outstanding Alumnus of the Manuel L. Quezon University School of Law.
Prof. Samson Alcantara started teaching in 1967 handling Political Law and Labor Law subjects. Presently, he is a faculty member of the UST Faculty of Civil Law, MLQ School of Law, PLM College of Law, and a bar reviewer in several law schools. He is the author of Philippine Law and Social Legislation, Reviewer in Labor and Social Legislation, and Statutes.
Born: May 14, 1935
Affiliation: Social Justice Society, ABAKADA GURO Party List, PHILJUST, Rotary Club
- Recipient, Outstanding Abrenian Award, 2005
- Recipient, Achiever’s Award 2007, Manuel L. Quezon University
- Recipient, 2009 Outstanding Alumnus Award, MLQU School of Law
- Bar Topnotcher, 3rd place, 1957 Bar Examinations;
- Professor, UST Faculty of Civil Law, MLQU School of Law, UE College of Law, PLM College of Law, New Era University College of Law;
- Bar Reviewer and MCLE Lecturer;
- Author, Philippine Labor and Social Legislation Annotated (Volumes I and II), Reviewer in Labor and Social Legislation, and Statutes;
- Editor and Publisher, The Philippines Labor Relations Journal (PLRJ);
- Participant, 1988 Program for Instruction for Lawyers, Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Mass., USA;
- Review Director, National Bar Review Center (NBRC), Manila, President, Lex Reviews & Seminars, Inc., conducting bar reviews nationwide, and accredited Mandatory Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) provider;
- Proprietor, Philippine Labor Relations Journal Printing and Publishing House;
- Charter Member, Rotary Club of Tandang Sora;
- National President, Social Justice Society (SJS), a political party duly registered with the COMELEC to pursue the ends of social justice and which has raised before the Supreme Court several issues of national importance;
- Founding Chairman and President, ABAKADA GURO PARTY-LIST (formerly Advocates and Adherents of Social Justice for School Teachers and Allied Workers (AASJS), a teachers party list group;
- Retained counsel of several teachers and allied workers unions;
- President, Philippine Social Justice Foundation, Inc. (PHILJUST).
Personal Interests – Sports: Golf
History by Year
- 1977 – Starts his own law office – SAMSON S. ALCANTARA Law Office
- 1971 – Samson Alcantara publishes his first book, STATUTES.
- 1963 – Samson Alcantara marries Evelyn Baula
- 1958 – Samson Alcantara joins the Law Firm of Paredes, Poblador, Nazareno and Azada; Samson Alcantara, Bar Topnotcher at Age 22
- 1957 – Graduates from MLQU School of Law
- 1935 – Born on May 14, 1935
Political Party: Social Justice Society