Here is the list of official candidates of Northern Samar for governor, vice-governor, congressmen, and board members for May 2016 local elections.
Northern Samar is a province in the Philippines located in the Eastern Visayas region. Its capital is Catarman.
It has a population of 589,013 people according to the 2010 census.
The province is politically subdivided into 24 municipalities.
PROVINCIAL GOVERNOR - NORTHERN SAMAR
- CERBITO, WALTER (IND)
- DE ASIS, TANGNI (IND)
- NITOR, ROLANDO (IND)
- ONG, JUN (NUP)
PROVINCIAL VICE-GOVERNOR - NORTHERN SAMAR
- LAVIN, GARY (NUP)
MEMBER, SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN - NORTHERN SAMAR FIRST DISTRICT
- ALCERA, CHF ALCERA (IND)
- ALCERA, EDGARDO (IND)
- BALLESTA, GOLDA (LP)
- CAGRO, BOY CAGRO (PDPLBN)
- CASTILLO, DODONG (NP)
- HERNANDEZ, NEIL (LP)
- LLEVER, ROMY (IND)
- LUZON, BOR-OK (LP)
- RONDINA, CHED (NP)
- SINGZON, VICTORIO II (NUP)
- UY, TANTAN (LP)
- VICARIO, JOMA VICARIO (NUP)
MEMBER, SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN - NORTHERN SAMAR SECOND DISTRICT
- ASINAS, DIOSCORO JR. (IND)
- BALUYOT, JUAN (IND)
- BATULA, FAWA (LP)
- CORONG, JENNIFER (IND)
- DELA CRUZ, CLAUDIO (IND)
- DULAY, CARMEN (IND)
- GALIT, DEX (NUP)
- GILLAMAC, TESS (NUP)
- LAGRIMAS, JACK (NUP)
- LUCERO, ALBERT (LP)
- ONG-SILVANO, GINA (NUP)
MEMBER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - NORTHERN SAMAR FIRST DISTRICT
- ABAYON, HARLIN (NP)
- DAZA, RAUL (LP)
MEMBER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - NORTHERN SAMAR SECOND DISTRICT
- ONGCHUAN, EDWIN ONG (NUP)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 21 January 2016. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections, Photo: www.zamboanga.com