Here is the list of official candidates of Southern Leyte for governor, vice-governor, congressmen, and board members for May 2016 local elections.
Southern Leyte is a province in the Philippines located in the Eastern Visayas region. Its capital is the city of Maasin.
It has a population of 399,137 people according to the 2010 census.
The province is politically subdivided into 18 municipalities and 1 component city.
PROVINCIAL GOVERNOR - SOUTHERN LEYTE
- MERCADO, MIAN (LP)
- TAN, SHEFFERED LINO (UNA)
PROVINCIAL VICE-GOVERNOR - SOUTHERN LEYTE
- ESCLAMADO, ALBERT (UNA)
- GAMALE, DAISY (NP)
- YAP, COCO (LP)
MEMBER, SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN - SOUTHERN LEYTE FIRST DISTRICT
- ASTORGA, ANGGO (UNA)
- BANTUG, MARGARITA (LP)
- CAMUS, OSCAR (IND)
- DUMANCAS, RUEL (IND)
- EDILLO, FE (LP)
- ESCAÑO, JESSICA (LP)
- IDJAO, JANNO (LP)
- RESOS, DARYLL (UNA)
MEMBER, SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN - SOUTHERN LEYTE SECOND DISTRICT
- ALMARIO, BEBE (LP)
- ASTILLO, VIRGILIO (IND)
- CATURAN, MIG (IND)
- ESPINA, FLORO (IND)
- ESTRERA, TATA (LP)
- GOMEZ, ROMY (LP)
- LARIBA, BERTING (IND)
- MAAMO, MIGUEL II (UNA)
- RENTUZA, MYRA (UNA)
- SUWAIB, MOHAMAD (IND)
- TALABOC, RUBEN (IND)
- UY, LEE (LP)
MEMBER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - SOUTHERN LEYTE LONE DISTRICT
- MERCADO, OGING (LP)
- RENTUZA, RICO (UNA)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 21 January 2016. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections, Photo: www.zamboanga.com