Here is the list of official candidates for mayor, vice-mayor, and councilor posts. Local elections will be held in Tantangan, South Cotabato on May 9, 2016.
Tantangan is a third class municipality in the province of South Cotabato. It has a population of 40,461 people, according to the 2010 census.
It is politically subdivided into 13 barangays.
MAYOR - TANTANGAN
- FIGUEROA, BENJAMIN JR. (LP)
- LAGOS, SALVADOR JR. (UNA)
VICE-MAYOR - TANTANGAN
- DASILAO, CESAR (PDPLBN)
- TORRES-GONZALES, TIMEE JOY (NPC)
COUNCILOR - TANTANGAN
- ABREA, WILFREDO (PDPLBN)
- BELO, ROSARIO (NPC)
- BUENDIA, NELSON (NPC)
- CABRADILLA, JOSE SR. (LP)
- CACHERO, DARLYN (NPC)
- CERBO, FRANCISCO JR. (UNA)
- DEOCADEZ, CHELSOR (LP)
- GARINGO, ALVARO KHAN (PDPLBN)
- HERVILLA, NASSER (PDPLBN)
- LAGOS, JOSEPH SALVADOR (UNA)
- LAZARO, DOMINADOR JR. (UNA)
- MAGON, DATUAN NASRODIN (PDPLBN)
- OSORIO, JOSE JR. (NPC)
- SENECA, JUNE (LP)
- SEQUITO, GERONIMO (LP)
- VILORIA, MARY GRACE (UNA)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 21 January 2016. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections, Photo: america.pink