Here is the list of official candidates of Surigao del Sur for governor, vice-governor, congressmen, and board members for May 2016 local elections.
Surigao del Sur is a province in the Philippines located in the Caraga region in Mindanao. Its capital is Tandag City.
It has a population of 561,219 people according to the 2010 census.
The province is politically subdivided into 17 municipalities and 2 component cities.
PROVINCIAL GOVERNOR - SURIGAO DEL SUR
- ARNIEGO, JOSEPH (IND)
- GARAY, ENCIONG (NPC)
- PIMENTEL, BB (LP)
PROVINCIAL VICE-GOVERNOR - SURIGAO DEL SUR
- ALAMEDA, MANUEL SR. (LP)
MEMBER, SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN - SURIGAO DEL SUR FIRST DISTRICT
- ATACADOR, MAR (LP)
- BAT-AO, CESAR SR. (IND)
- CANTALEJO, FREDO (IND)
- DONASCO, TERESITA (LP)
- MOMO, ELEANOR (LP)
- PIMENTEL, HENRICH (LP)
- PLAZA, GLENN (LP)
MEMBER, SANGGUNIANG PANLALAWIGAN - SURIGAO DEL SUR SECOND DISTRICT
- ABAYA, OTILIO JR. (NPC)
- ALVIZO, ANGKOL MAR (LP)
- CONDE, SOCRATES (IND)
- DE CASTRO, DOMINGO (IND)
- JOSAFAT, JUN (NPC)
- LIM, MARY GRACE (LP)
- MILLAN, RAUL (LP)
- MORGADO, GERVACIO JR. (NPC)
- NAZARENO, RENING (IND)
- ONSING, ANI (NPC)
- POLIZON, DONELL (LP)
- SUAN, POL (NPC)
- VELEZ, NAPOLEON (LP)
MEMBER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - SURIGAO DEL SUR FIRST DISTRICT
- MURILLO, GREGORIO JR. (PDPLBN)
- PICHAY, PROSPERO JR. (LAKAS)
MEMBER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - SURIGAO DEL SUR SECOND DISTRICT
- CEJOCO, CONRAD (UNA)
- PIMENTEL, JOHNNY (LP)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 21 January 2016. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections, Photo: www.zamboanga.com