Local elections in Navotas City will be held on May 9, 2016 within the Philippine general election. Registered voters will elect for the elective local posts in the city: the mayor, vice mayor, one Congressman, and the councilors, six in each of the city’s two districts.
Navotas City, a second-class city in Metro Manila, has a population of 249,131, according to the 2010 census.
With a land mass of 10.77 square kilometers, Navotas is bordered on the north by Obando, Bulacan along Sukol Creek; on the south by the city of Manila; on the east by Daang Binuangan River, Bangkulasi Channel, Malabon Channel and Estero de Maypajo; and on the west by Manila Bay.
MEMBER, HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES - NAVOTAS CITY
- LUNA, DONG (IND)
- TIANGCO, TOBY (UNA)
MAYOR - NAVOTAS CITY
- TIANGCO, JOHN REY (NVTEÑO)
VICE-MAYOR - NAVOTAS CITY
- GERONIMO, CLINT (NVTEÑO)
COUNCILOR - NAVOTAS CITY FIRST DISTRICT
- ALMOCERA, ARMANDO (IND)
- ARRIOLA, EJ (NVTEÑO)
- BASA, ALMA (IND)
- MONROY, DOC REY (NVTEÑO)
- NAZAL, ALVIN JASON (NVTEÑO)
- SAN JUAN, RICHARD (NVTEÑO)
- SANTIAGO, JACK (NVTEÑO)
- SULIT, LITO (IND)
- VICENCIO, BOY (NVTEÑO)
COUNCILOR - NAVOTAS CITY SECOND DISTRICT
- ANG, D.I. (IND)
- CASTRO, ORLIE (NVTEÑO)
- CRUZ, NEIL (NVTEÑO)
- DE GUZMAN, DON (NVTEÑO)
- DEL ROSARIO, MARIELLE (NVTEÑO)
- LUPISAN, ARNEL (NVTEÑO)
- NAVAL, STEVE (NVTEÑO)
Guidelines for Verification
- The Certified List of Candidates (List), as posted, is merely an initial List and subject to editing.
- All candidates are enjoined to check their names, specifically their Names to Appear on the Official Ballot, in the List.
- Any request for correction, if allowed, shall be communicated to the Regional Election Director, Provincial Election Supervisor, or Election Officer concerned in writing until 21 January 2016. The Election Officer shall in turn, submit a memorandum to the Law Department, by the fastest means of communication with regard to the request for correction.
- The Law Department shall determine whether or not the request for correction is allowed.
- The List is subject to the outcome of the various cases/issues pending before the Commission.
Source: Commission on Elections, Photo: panoramio.com